Introductory training for those interested in using the Thrive Approach as a right-time whole school approach to wellbeing for all children.
About this course
This course will provide you with a good understanding of how Thrive works as a whole-school approach to support the optimal social and emotional development of all children. In addition, the course will demonstrate how to use Thrive-Online, our profiling, measuring and monitoring tool, for group screening and action-planning, and explore some of the strategies and activities that can be used for right-time support with children in group settings.
To be recognised as a Thrive Emotional Health Practitioner status, you will need to be an authorised user of Thrive-Online, a profiling, measuring and monitoring tool, through a whole-setting subscription.
Building Emotional Health in Childhood is ideal for any practitioner working alongside primary school aged children (4 to 12 year olds) – teachers, teaching assistants, support staff and meal-time assistants – looking to introduce the Thrive Approach as a whole-school wellbeing programme for right-time social and emotional development.
The training will cover:
- The Thrive Approach and its underpinning theory and established neuroscience.
- The links between social and emotional development and maximising learning potential to raise standards of achievement.
- How to develop a classroom focussed, trauma-sensitive approach to support social and emotional health of all children.
- Appropriate expectations of behaviour at right-time development stages and how to support the development of these.
- Using the Thrive-Online assessment and action-planning tool to screen all children in your class for right-time emotional and social development.
- Interpreting the Thrive-Online data to plan specific strategies and activities that support the wellbeing of all children in your class.
- Incorporating strategies and activities into your everyday curriculum, routines and structures.
- Evidencing the progress of children and demonstrating the impact of the Thrive Approach.
- The role of Thrive Licensed Practitioners and how to support them effectively.
The course is delivered as four 3-hour live webinars:
- Session 1 – Thinking about ourselves and our self-awareness.
- Session 2 – Thrive as a right-time approach for supporting the wellbeing of all children.
- Session 3 – Theory and practice for 3 to 7 year olds.
- Session 4 – Theory and practice for 7 to 12 year olds.
By the end of this course, you will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to take a practical approach to embedding Thrive in your classroom to support the wellbeing of all children. You will be able to use the Thrive Approach as a daily resource to support age-appropriate social and emotional development for every child to improve their learning outcomes.
If you would like to further develop your understanding with a more reparative focus, you may be interested in the Thrive Licensed Practitioner training.
Times advertised in AEST/ AEDT.
Price in AUD excluding GST.
Please contact email@example.com for bookings and registration